Old 08-16-13, 09:13 AM
FasterNearGirls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you!!!
I know, crashing sucks. What a year.

Next race would have been tomorrow but it got postponed for the 31st! There's actually not a whole lot going on in my area for the rest of this season. I think that with Cross getting stronger and stronger, the Road season is fading faster.

Ha, you're joking about the smoking but I smoked a pack of day of Marlboro reds until March 31st 2010. Then I switched drugs (cycling).

My training was: all winter doing trainer and rollers intervals. Some high intensity blocks. Low volume. Then racing into shape in spring and maintaining all season with high intensity / low volume rides. 8hr/week or so only in average I'd say. Occasional longer ones with some longer rides, 70, 100, 130 miles, but mostly 40 to 50 mile high intensity rides and a lot of races. Gym work, stretching the legs and foam rollers, core / upper body 3x/week. So only riding 4 or 5 days instead of 5 or 6. More recovery off the bike for the higher intensity despite the lower volume. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by FasterNearGirls; 08-16-13 at 09:17 AM. Reason: stretch and foam rollers