Thread: Lsd.
View Single Post
Old 08-16-13, 09:00 PM
Mycoalson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, some very interesting responses. 1) Steady sounds inherently better than slow. However, I think the prof was pointing out that to cover 100 miles your speed will be considerably less than if you wish to cover 30 miles.

2) I've ridden 75 miles in a day, two weeks in a row, as part of two separate 180 mile weeks.

3) I have a scientific nature, so I'm pretty willing to experiment with a lot of different ideas. So, although I'm willing to base things on my experience alone, I'm going to guess, a good old SWAG(Scientific Wild ### Guess) The experience of other riders, riders who've actually done more than I have, or are attempting the same thing I'm attempting, is going to be a valid source of information. In other words, someone out there probably has tried their bars a foot below the seat. I'm betting it didn't work out too well.

If I were just engaging in a WAG (wild ### Guess), I might try it down the street, just to see.

But, most folks who ride, depending on what they are doing, as a population, have a rough consensus as to what works and what doesn't. Many road riders seem to like their bars below the seat. Many tourers seem to advocate above. It is sounding like distance riders see even or slightly above.

I appreciate your input. And I won't do something I find uncomfortable or unlikely. Is that a sufficient response as to why I sought your opinion? I am grateful you took the time to answer.