Old 08-17-13, 09:41 AM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FoxMulder
So a friend of mine asked yesterday how I can possibly afford all my expensive cycling equipment. We had just finished eating and we were standing outside next to his almost new $25,000 Honda. I said it's all about priorities. Then I walked over to my 20 year old Honda Civic, which I picked up 6 years ago for $2000 cash. I've had to do a few minor repairs in that time, and I do them myself when I can, with parts from the local salvage yard if they're significantly cheaper than new parts.

If I were to add up the cost of all my cycling equipment, I doubt it would exceed $6000. So car plus cycling gear -> $2000 + $6000 = $8000. That's less than a third of the price of that $25,000 new car.

I tell them it's all about "priorities". I don't think they get it, though.
I beg to differ..

I have 13 bikes, and I am thrilled with them, and I am not anywhere near those 5 figures.. First, I am into C&V whereas, I can pick up a bike for a couple hundred or less, and have it turned into a prize. Ditto for cars. I recall about 10 years ago, I am a sports car freak, I had 4 Madza RX7s, and 2 motorcycles, and my total cost wasn't over $10K.. I was driving a different vehicle everyday, and having fun to the max.. So, it is matter of your taste and style, that will determine the cost..

Just my two cents..