Old 08-17-13, 02:45 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
It was overcast and "cool" this morning so I headed over to the Withlacoochee. As I was putting my helmet and shoes on I realized I didn't have and gels or bars. My wife put all my bike stuff out of sight for the real estate folks who stopped by Thursday to take pics of the house. What's the saying? Out of sight, out of mind. So I bought some gels at Suncoast Bicycles (next to the trail) and then headed south. The weather was so nice and for some reason I had extra energy so decided to ride to Ridge Manor. Stopped there for a short rest and then rode over the "big bridge" over SR50. Then headed north for Inverness. I ran out of gels and was getting hungry so stopped at the store in Istachatta. Nice folks there. We talked about family history, etc for about 15-20 minutes while I ate a Snicker bar and had a grape drink. Had lots of energy for the whole ride so my average speed was up. Haven't ridden this well in a couple of months.
Rode 50.9 miles.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 08-18-13 at 10:59 AM.