View Single Post
Old 08-18-13, 07:16 AM
youngbeginner

Bikes: 2012 Redline DS1 & 2014 Giant Defy 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My race age is my age on December 31st of the season, so this year 16. My gear limit is 52X14 or a rollout of 26 feet

No you can't use a mountain bike or time trial bikes because time trial bikes have forearm supports and mountain bikes because they are not road racing bikes.

No because it must cover the shoulders.

It is determined you have finished a race when the front of the front tire passes the line or the plane that extends up from the line perpendicular to the road.

The length of a criterium is determined by a preset time limit, usually between 30 minutes and an hour.

In a criterium the one with more points wins, if it is a road race, the last kilometer can be re-raced I think, if it is for first, if not I think they are equal.

A free lap (or two laps if on a course shorter than .6 miles) is when a racer does not have to race a lap so he or she is caught up with the race and is in the back of the group she or he was in. This lap can be granted if the rider had
a mechanical issue not caused by him/herself, or was taken out in a crash that he/she did not cause, if s/he stays down and doesn't immediately get up, I think. I'm not so sure on what qualifies a free lap so I will go over that. The
free lap rule is no longer available inside the last 8 km I think, but it might be 8 mi. I'm leaning towards 8 km.

you crash - yes
you get caught behind a crash - no
- you drop your chain - no
- your saddle breaks - yes?
- you have a flat tire - no

You are allowed to push another rider if you are on the same team and are on the same lap.

yes, always wear a helmet.

yes on the socks? I always wear socks anyway, but are they special socks? I really have no clue.

Not unless you are on the pro team in the race.

Yes on the plugs?

No swearing.

I was pretty iffy on the last 4 or so, but other than that I felt like I knew most of them. Please correct me on everything I got wrong and I will reread and study specific sections.