Old 08-18-13, 10:17 AM
Terrywassall

Bikes: Ridgeback hybrid, 1960s Woodrup racing bike, 2013 Giant Defy Advanced 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi NavyD. Thanks for getting in touch. Sounds like you may have left just as I was joining. Tried to work out your real name but no success yet. I'll get Ken Baker and other old members I've been in touch with to work it out! I remember Ron Vaisey. He predicted I would go on to great things. No doubt one of many things he got wrong! I think he had a younger brother, John. I remember Bob and Phil Wakefield I think.

Originally Posted by NavyD
Hello Terry, I was a member of Tooting BC 1959-1963, during the time I was a student in London. I had the good fortune to set Club Records at 25 & 30 miles. No contact with the club since then though I did try on one occasion. Names I remember are ...Ron Vaisey, Eric Voice, Gordon Bryan and Peter Day. Also Dixie Deane of course and Bob Wakefield ( and Phil). In 1961 I lived over the shop at Bob's at 59 London Road. Do you know if any of these folk are still around? Although a member, my links and activity with the club were limited to term time . I originate from Cheshire. Now a long while retired. I did have moderate success in TT's and on Track. With the TBC and afterwards.