JohnKScott

Bikes: It has two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike868y
bob beal memorial p123 - 10/25.

anyway, solid day, felt strong, and had fun. probably my best result this season, so i'm happy.
Nice!

Originally Posted by caloso
Raced twice yesterday at Red Kite No.5. My buddy was leading the overall series in the 35+ 3/4 category, mostly by himself. I came down to ride for him and was his only teammate. Sat near the front, marked his two nearest competitors, made sure no dangerous breaks formed. On the last lap he asked me to deliver him to the front and then ramp up the speed as high as possible for as long as possible to protect him from getting swarmed. He got fifth, which was good enough to extend his lead and he's a near lock now. I was pretty pleased. In two weeks, I want to bring a couple more teammates so we can put together a proper lead out and take the other teams' sprinters out of the equation.

Oh, then I did the M123 race purely for fitness. Pack finish after doing all that work in the prior race = personal win.
Good job!

Originally Posted by grolby
Anyway, I was hanging tough and moving well in a sketchy group, but with 8 laps to go or so, the guy who calls the primes thought it would be oh-so-hilarious to call 4 in a row. Those surges pretty much did me in, I survived those laps but then came unhooked with 3 to go, blew up and came in pretty much DFL. I hate being out of form, but it is a training race, after all.
Sounds painful! Good job hanging as long as you did!

Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Sorry we had to leave before you guys finished. I wanted to congratulate you properly on your job and also cheer you on. I saw you making some moves early on before we left.

M35 version of that race:

The bonus is that I saw a "2nd fastest time on the Ninigret Finish Sprint" segment in Strava, 14 seconds. I looked to see what my fastest time was - 12 seconds. 4th on the leaderboard (well there's a bunch of 12 seconds but only three 11 second times). The 12 seconds was from last year's M40+ race at Ninigret where I sprinted across a gap and through some guys. I didn't think I did a great sprint that day but it was 41.7 mph on Strava.

Today's was pretty pitiful, no 40 mph or anything, I was overgeared when I jumped and yet I insisted on shifting up. Since I was pretty clear I eased and started soft pedaling before the line. I haven't finished too many races this year and I haven't done a single real sprint in a race this year. I made so many mistakes it was terrible. Ultimately I had a great time working with my teammates and then fighting out the honor sprint in the field with Shovel.
Good job! I've never seen 40 mph except down a hill.

Originally Posted by save10
A weekend of meh

Last week I did Dunningan (90 miles), the suisun crit. then 3 hard days of training and bike commuting the other two days. That may have been too much. I think i need to take it easy this week.

Of other note - I drove off without my front wheel (reynolds 66 tubular!) from the red kite and didnt realize it till i got home. i got back into traffic and thank god someone turned it in. also mattm- not a good couple weeks for your wheels
Sounds like pretty good meh to me. Glad you got your wheel back!