Old 08-19-13, 06:43 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
6 months? I don't have a benchmark for me, yet. I know I experienced two peaks, which Ex brought me to. I had a "mid season mental burnout" and that in the end seemed to really do a lot of good, because I slowed the intensity and rested. When I came back from that I was stronger than ever, and mentally more in the game. This is an individual sport, though isn't it. We all react differently to stress loads. Then there is the "natural talent" equation, which VM has in buckets (don't deny it, I've seen you ride ). I've decided this next road race is ending the season for me, and that will make the season seven months long for me. Work has me (finally) scheduled for a 12 day school which will keep me off of the bike for that period at the end of September. I told Ex I'd like to get back on the wagon November 1st. I'm really curious to see how quickly I come back up to speed (and then go beyond it - that's my goal). I'm curious, too, to find out if I need breaks during the season to prevent fatigue. I bet I do (no natural talent, here).