Thread: Wabi Cycles
View Single Post
Old 08-20-13, 06:23 AM
jerseyJim

Bikes: Surly LHT, Wabi Special, All City Big Block, 1933 Iver Johnson Mobicycle, Giant TCR Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my Wabi Classic in the spring. I have about 800 miles on it so far and I am pleased with it. Perfect fixed gear bike for someone looking to ride on the road. I use if for mostly 20-40 mile rides with between 500-1500 feet of climbing.

Its just a pleasure to ride, comfortable and fun, light and responsive at 18#. The wheelset is awesome, relatively light and very sturdy. I am 200# and the roads around here can be bumpy and potholed. The wheels have held up well and required no adjustment so far. Customer service is fantastic. You can call or email Richard at Wabi and he will work with you to get the bike set up to suit your needs. I wasn't sure what stem size was right for me and he reassured me that he would swap stems for me until I was satisfied that I was well fit.

My only serious complaint would be the tires. The stock Kendas felt like I was riding a big wheel. Change those right out. I ordered it with a 110mm stem and it seems a little flexy, but not enough for me to change it right out.

This is my first fixed-gear bike so I don't have any reference for comparison but I have no regrets and would buy another one in a flash.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3492.jpg (91.5 KB, 113 views)