Old 08-21-13, 11:56 AM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Those are a record of police issued citations, except maybe the accident.

While he had no moving violations since oct. 2011 (the rest are Taxi technical violations) it really seems that the TLC should have taken away his hack license. (truck drivers with CDLs, would have lost theirs long before that).

The TLC keeps their own records of complaints, which are separate form the DMV citation record.

I no longer live within the city limits, but it seems New Yorkers should be asking the TLC if their heads are up their rear ends. Hopefully someone in NYC media will see a story here and do their best to embarrass the TLC enough to do their jobs.

There's a certain sad irony here. The TLC fines drivers and suspends hack licenses over stuff like improper dress, playing their radios loud enough ot "annoy" passengers, and other nonsense, but seems to be less concerned with how they actually drive.

I agree wholeheartedly that this guy is totally unqualified to be driving professionally in any capacity, and if the TLC is as concerned about the taxi riding public would have and should have taken his license, even if they had no regard for other road users (and sidewalk users).
Don't be so sure. When I first got my class A in CA I was shocked to note that a driver didn't lose his/her CDL until the third at-fault fatal crash. The fines are slightly higher and the alcohol limits are lower than for class C, but there is still a high bar to revoke the license.