Old 08-21-13, 01:49 PM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdswitters
I work in an office park, so there are several other offices that share the bike rack out front. This summer a few other people started riding and parking at the bike rack. Yea. I ride year round, and always park in the same spot at the end of the rack. This morning there was a bike parked in my spot that I just started seeing two weeks ago. It is very petty of me but I was kinda mad that someone took my spot. My spot that no one else has used in almost two years. And someone with a scooter started taking up space on the bike rack. I'm not sure scooters should be parked on bike racks, but still pondering that one.

I hope we move offices again soon and I can have some dedicated bike parking, hopefully with some cover instead and not next to the garbage dumpsters, which is another rant of mine. I understand site planning well enough to know on paper the easiest place to put bike racks is next to the dumpsters, but what kind of message does that send? Hey, thanks for not taking up any more of the parking you get to smell garbage every time it gets hot out and you get off or on your bike.

Again very petty, a first world problem to be sure, but I just needed to rant a little.

Cheers,
I park my bike inside next to my office. But, I always wondered how badly it would suck to park my precious in the outside rack which is uncovered and sits over by the dumpsters. Thanks for a glimpse of that world.