Old 08-22-13, 08:23 PM
spectastic
commu*ist spy

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FasterNearGirls
Thanks guys! haha yeah girls make you faster!
Yes I'm bold and can handle my bike very well, especially navigating within a tight pack.
Believe it or not, the 6 crashes were not due to recklessness or need to work on anything as you're implying.
Crash 1 - on the 130 mile solo ride to the beach (windy day, lot of cross and tailwind, I avged 20.2 for the ride, so yeah it was windy.), 40mph gust pushed me over while feeding and I swerved and ate it.
Crash 2, fast Saturday race-paced ride riding in a group off the front, I was 3rd wheel, we were doing 29 when the guy in front of me hit a massive sinkhole (one of those asphalt colored ones, not his fault), he got a rear flat instantly and went down immediately in front of me. I hit his bike and went tumbling. Lot of road rash and the broken seatstay on the EVO. I had to catch a flight to Europe 2 hrs later.
Crash 3, exploring in Tuscany I hit a 15km gravel section that stopped being fun as my bottle kept flying, when stopping to retrieve the bottle one time I sank on deeper gravel and just tumbled over, no big deal, this doesn't really count.
Crashes 4 and 5, Kennet square criterium, lap 1, 7th corner, wheel in front overcooks it, hits the outside curb, bike ricochets under mine (I could have avoided being behind that rider you could say, but I know him and he normally doesn't do that). I got back on, free lap, 5 laps later, raining, riders started sliding out on corner 8 in front of me, so I slid too out of sympathy.
Crash 6, this Tuesday, end of ~30mph paceline ride coming in for the sprint I downshifted twice and torqued my bike hard when something snapped, felt like chain, I instantly went flying. My rear tube had a 6"gash on it but it could have been from the tumble. Still not clear if it was the tire or the chain, but either way, equipment failure.

So I'm not doing sketchy things. Bad year in terms of 6 crashes but still lucky for not breaking bones.

Yes, I was at Millersburg. TSV ( Tri State Velo / Amoroso's racing team). Got 3rd on the RR.

Thanks again.
dang, cat 5 to a 2 in a single season? great work.

now.. you averaged 20.2 for 130 miles, including stops? How big of a tailwind did you get?