Old 08-23-13, 06:18 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jseis
Thats pretty interesting..implies that the fit changes and they adapt. As a golfer who's been club fitted, I appreciate a data driven biometric approach as opposed to a voodoo artist with a divining rod. That's not a slam against a fitter, just that Retul figured out a way to do it better and it also makes it understandable to the cyclist.
You shouldn't. I grew up playing competitive golf. There have been more than a few pro golfers career's ruined by trying to fit some biometric norm.
There are many schools on fit for both golf and cycling. A biometric fit is only as good as a biometric model which is just that...a model that likely doesn't crunch the 50 parameters involved in optimizing performance.
I have posted this about the great Lee Trevino...short little fat Mexican...also brilliant who grew up poor and without a father...in the hall of fame. Lee basically aligned 30 degrees left and hit a push on every shot. Super strong grip...dead shut clubface at the top of his swing. Very unorthodox. Punters would ask Lee, hey Lee, why is it you never took lessons and had your swing adjusted to a more contemporary model? He said quite simply, he never found a teacher he couldn't beat.