View Single Post
Old 08-25-13, 04:33 PM
ka0use

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Unwitting spectator to usa pro challenge

this is nuts. never thought i'd put a post here....

i saw the last 8 laps of the race from the end of my block. i knew nothing of a race when i came outside and saw the police tape, po-pos and 2 helicopters hovering over me.

i thought they were there for me (don't ask why).

was headed for the post office and noticed 17th avenue was closed off. thought maybe osama was in town. i asked a bystander what was up and got the real skinny.
i got a couple of large slurpees and settled in to watch. had a nice time rooting for our guests-
vite! vite! for the french, schnell fahren! schnell fahren! for the germans, and shift yer arse! shift yer arse! for the english and australians. don't know whether there were any in the race, but figured if there were they'd like to hear encouragement in their language. i, and all others within hearing cheered lustily the ones coming last and offering motivational shouts- strong finish! come on, you can move up one position! keep pushing! and the like.

sadly, i had no cowbell. the saloons, and in particular, the denver bicycle cafe, were packed and thousands of bikes everywhere.