View Single Post
Old 08-25-13, 08:16 PM
ct-vt-trekker

Bikes: 2024 Specialized Tarmac SL8Pro, 2022 Specialized Epic Evo, 2021 Framed Alaskan Fatbike,2019 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro, 2018 Trek Stache 9.7, 2013 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Expert, 2009 Ritchey Breakaway Cross, 2016 Lynskey ProCross, 2008 Trek T1000 Tandem,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Fantastic! D2R2 on a tandem , wow.
Unforunately my wife and I weren't here this year, we were riding our tandem on another Century event in Northwestern Ma on Saturday. A few friends rode the D2R2 on Saturday but they were doing the shorter routes. I'm going to ask them if they saw a red/white tandem.

We rode the 100K route on our own a few years ago on our single cross bikes. These were some of the most beautiful roads we've ever ridden anywhere but also the most difficult double track we've ever riden. For those that don't know this ride it's not for the faint at heart. The roads on this tour can get incredibly steep with loose stone, ruts, large rocks etc. I can't believe you guys did it on a tandem and the 180K route too! You've got to be VERY experienced to tackle these 20%+ steep loose dirt roads on a tandem! We were just barely about to keep forward motion on our single cross bikes. My wife had to get off in a few places where riders in front of her slowed to a crawl and/or stopped and she would have fallen over if she didn't stop.

I bet you were probably the only tandem there?
Congratulations, I hope you were able to get some food and beverage at the end of the ride?