Old 08-26-13, 03:02 PM
Squeeze
High Plains Luddite

Bikes: 3x8 & 3x9

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 54 Posts
Rick, that was the scenario I was imagining when I wrote my first post in this thread. I think that's absurd.

And consider this: what if you weren't a licensed motor vehicle driver? Let's say you were 14 years old. Let's say you had too many DUI/DWI offenses and had your license revoked for life. Let's say you lived in NYC and never had a need to get a licence ever. Let's say you couldn't qualify for a license for some medical reason. All these are valid reasons not to have a license.

What then? No ticket? Or just no class?

And what if you had been riding something other than a bike? Skateboard? Riding lawn mower? How about one of those surfboards with wheels and a sail? What if you had been jogging? Can you get busted for not stopping at a stop sign as a pedestrian? What if you're walking your dog, he sees a rabbit, and starts running. You accidentally drop the leash and the dog runs the stop sign. Are you busted and sent to traffic school due to your poorly trained dog and girly-man grip?

Absurd extremes intended only to illustrate my point. Hopefully they're amusing instead of infuriating.

But really, where does one draw the line? If the least of a vehicle that can get you a ticket is a bicycle, what about a unicycle? A Razor scooter? What about a skateboard with a little motor on the back? Or those "Heely's" shoes that were all the rage a few years ago with kids - the ones with retractable wheels in their thick soles?

Okay, okay... I've made my point and will do my best to be quiet now before I get flamed or banned or stabbed with rusty spokes or whatever happens to trouble-makers here.