Old 08-26-13, 06:17 PM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Yours truly is now the finisher in an Iron-distance event. I completed the Michigan Titanium Half-Iron Aquabike (swim/bike only) yesterday. Distances for this course were 2k swim followed by a 56.6mi bike (although I had it at 57.4 on my cateye).

I'm no runner, don't claim to be, so I've been pretty happy to find Aquabike events this season (did my Olympic distance in June). Without this option, I'd be stuck with Sprint distance events.

This particular event was probably the best organized events I've been to thus far. The staff and crew were top notch. The course was challenging (hilly) and the wind that kicked up in the late morning didn't help my time at all. I can't say that I'll be going back next year (holy cow, the hills) but I'm happy to have been part of it this year.

I set a personal goal of 4:15 to 4:30 to complete the swim, T1, and bike. I came in at 4:23 and change, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Last edited by Zoxe; 08-26-13 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added distances