Old 08-29-13, 08:20 PM
MaryRoseMaguire

Bikes: Fuji Absolute 3.0 LE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sharing My Latest Blog Post: How to Handle Resistance

I've been meaning to introduce myself to this group. I am most definitely an "Athena."

My husband bought me a new bike on August 2 to celebrate my birthday and I absolutely love it. (Fuji Absolute LE)

For years I rode a MTB but never realized how much I was fighting the bike when I was on the road. I just love the look of a MTB. I had a Giant Yukon and rode with my husband as much as I could but was beginning to feel like I was worn out.

So after over ten years with my Yukon, we finally sold it after I got the Fuji. I've been amazed by the difference in the two bikes. I now feel as though I am flying down the road! And it has greatly encouraged me to ride longer distances which will hopefully contribute to me getting back into shape.

One of the things I fight is Resistance. I capitalize the word because I (like author Steven Pressfield, who did this same thing in his book, Doing The Work) view Resistance as an active entity. It comes at all of us in various forms but the objective is the same: to get us to quit.

I write for a living and I'm friends with many creative types. Resistance comes at creatives especially hard. If Resistance isn't telling us our creation is garbage, it's trying to stop us from creating anything in the first place.

I wrote a blog post today that had a bit of irony to it. I focused on the parallels between cycling and growing one's business. I shared how the movie "Rocky" inspired me (and included the inspirational speech from "Rocky Balboa"). And after I published my post, I went for a ride.

You can click here to read it and also the updated info of what happened on my ride.

No matter what... DON'T QUIT!