Old 08-29-13, 10:22 PM
2 wheeler
Ancient Clydesdale

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That bike is in amazing condition! It looks like it came out of a vacuum chamber or something! A full side photo would be nice...

I bought one of those new, back in the day. I had the bio-pace chainrings changed out for round ones.

I liked the bike, but the frame was crooked. It rode a little weird and I noticed one day, when riding in the rain that it had two distinct tire tracks - one next to the other when I rode in a straight line. I took the frame to a frame builder in the area and he measured it; it was big time out of alignment.

I took it back to the dealer where I got it and met the Specialized rep who authorized a new frame on the spot. The new frame was a '90 model with yellow graphics and not nearly as nice as the '89. The shop swapped all the components from the old frame to the new frame free.

A few weeks later I was riding a century ride and it rained. I came up on a guy on an '89 Allez Epic and he was leaving two tracks on the road - crooked frame. He got his warranted as well.

I was impressed with the no bs response by Specialized. I have bought a couple of more Specialized bikes since then because they treated me right.

I hope that yours is straight!