View Single Post
Old 08-30-13, 10:06 PM
TommyBing
Banned

Bikes: Redline Carbon Conquest Team, Colnago X-Lite (Wrecked, Stripped, Wal-Arted), Ibis Hakkalugi (STOLEN!!!), Bianchi Imola, Bianchi San Jose, Soma DC DC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Redline Team from a few years ago had little sales because of a crazy frame spec, you can find the frame for as low as $750 retail. If you're willing to invest in a weird wheel spec (130mm disc), you can have a disc geared, disc single speed, or canti rim brake bike all on one wheelset. It's also got BB30, which is the same as both my mountain and road bikes. I can swap multiple cranks.

Overall in terms of just being versatile my Redline is easily the best bike I own, and like many of you, my n bikes leave for a lot of choices. I always pick this one.

This is a good example picture. This was on a 220km day tour (and a big bag was removed off the top tube) and I had my beefy disc wheels with 28mm Gators on. It's also geared 1 x 11 here.

On mine the stem's slammed, and with 23mm wheels and a double crank it's basically a road bike with canti brakes. You can quibble about a few mm of chainstay or BB or wheelbase difference, or three tenths of a degree of angle blah blah, but it's a better road bike than my Colnago Master, even though that seems like a sin to write that.