Old 08-31-13, 10:17 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by hack
I hung around to watch a few races after the 3/4s. You were doing WORK. Amazing effort. Im sure it was hard to hear the announcer during the race (I never heard a word in mine), but he spent most of the time singing praises about your effort. He wanted someone from the crowd to explain to him who you were doing work for as you were in there solo.
Ha, cool. Yeah I could hear him, at least saying my name a lot. (he mispronounced my name every time lol)

I was doing work for myself, either trying to get away or pulling back a break. At some point (early) decided I wanted the "most aggressive" award.. which of course came at odds with winning the damn thing, but so it goes. I actually felt great at the end, so my non-win was more attributed to bad positioning than too much work/bad legs, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

1st overall/the race winner actually has his cat 1 points, but was sticking around for this series. Hopefully next year he'll be a 1, I'll have a team, and I can take over in the 2/3's!!

How was the 3/4's? I was impressed with the winner's attack, that he held everyone off on the last lap like that.

my race videos