View Single Post
Old 08-31-13, 10:26 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
Ha, cool. Yeah I could hear him, at least saying my name a lot. (he mispronounced my name every time lol)

I was doing work for myself, either trying to get away or pulling back a break. At some point (early) decided I wanted the "most aggressive" award.. which of course came at odds with winning the damn thing, but so it goes. I actually felt great at the end, so my non-win was more attributed to bad positioning than too much work/bad legs, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

1st overall/the race winner actually has his cat 1 points, but was sticking around for this series. Hopefully next year he'll be a 1, I'll have a team, and I can take over in the 2/3's!!

How was the 3/4's? I was impressed with the winner's attack, that he held everyone off on the last lap like that.
Awesome, I did learn by watching in the race today that having some teammates out there is pretty beneficial, so that should add to your success next year.

3/4s were good. Still learning to position myself better getting to the finish on the last couple of laps. I saw the winner break, but I assumed he'd get caught. So wrong. I was told afterward that he's a pretty dominant 1 or 2 in track and will be moving up to 2 in road next year.