Old 09-01-13, 08:27 PM
bubbajoelouie

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, Trek 7.4 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally, a break to the heatwave!

Here in southern Indiana, along with most of the Midwest, we've been enduring a heatwave for what seems like forever, but in reality maybe 10 days. The difficult part has been a dew point between 70 and 75 which seems to be slowing me down when I'm out on a ride. I've just logged a month of riding after returning to biking recently. It's been encouraging to note my increase in stamina and distance, but the weather has made it difficult to feel like I'm making progress. Do others here find that a high dew point has them riding a little slower, breathing a little harder, or is it all just in how accustomed one is to variables like this? I've been approaching this issue by listening to my body while monitoring my speed, distance, and heart rate and just enjoying the ride. The weather forecast indicates that the temperatures will be dropping over the next several days and the dew point will be a more manageable upper 50's to mid 60's.

I've been enjoying reading the posts in this forum over the past few weeks and there seems to be a lot of good advice and helpful observations to be had. It's nice to see such a generally helpful approach and thoughtful comments.