Old 09-02-13, 11:42 AM
beckieanne

Bikes: univega rover sti univega rover st

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irwin7638
Absolutely. I've quit shopping at stores which don't provide parking for bikes.

Marc
I agree with you on this point. how ever i feel bound to point out that there are some shops that people use for what ever reasons, and will do so regardless of whether or not they have a bike rack. Me and my husband use a local rite-aide for our pharmacy, and it has no bike parking of any kind.( we usually bring our bikes in, and so far no one has complained) and while it may seem like a no brainer to those of us who ride, for the average corporate wage-slave in charge of design and building of a given site. it can some times boil down to local laws and site considerations. here in utah for example, a business must provide a bicycle parking rack ( i could not find the exact formula) for their customers. i do know that this formula is generous to the business and not to the cycling crowd. there are requirements for cycling parking, but as i am certain of it, any of the big chain stores ( wallmart, costco, etc,etc) can , and usually do get excemptions to any requirments that hurt their bottom line. i my self do not condone any one for shopping where ever they can. i shop where i receive good customer service, and if they do not have a cycle rack. i try to get them to add one.

regards
Beckieanne