Old 09-03-13, 06:56 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
Liked 1,694 Times in 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
For me the Kage solved the problem. Its weakness, though is in the rubber ring that strengthens the elastic action of the cage, but snaps over time. Topeak Modula is also better in not catching the pant legs than most cages, but not as good as Kage. Eventually, I think I'll make an ultimate non-catching cage out of stainless steel wire.

Those who suggest straps, cycle specific pants, rolling up etc. apparently do not ride enough to make those clothings provisions bothersome over time. In the end, you want to hop on a bike and move as soon as possible and when dismounting to progress to any other activity that awaits you.
Yes, I experienced the O-ring failure over time, too, but have to say that as I recall-- this was several years ago I was using the Profile Design Kage-- the O-ring was not 'mission critical', and the bottle stayed put even without it.

Several carbon cages have good designs, e.g. the Lezyne Road Carbon; in fact, I think there are many designs available in all material types that don't snag flapping pant legs, e.g. the stainless wire Delta 'Inox':