View Single Post
Old 09-03-13, 11:33 AM
PlanoFuji
Banned.

Bikes: 1982 Fuji Supreme, Specialized 2012 Roubaix Compact. 1981? Raleigh Reliant mixte, Velo Orange Campeur (in progress)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by User1
Hello all,

Thought I'd share my one and only "gadget" that I think is worth sharing. I've used this charger for quite sometime and have been very pleased with it's performance. I've gotten one for my father, brother, and a friend of mine. They all reported that theirs have all worked as designed, but my friend was rather abusive to his and it's stopped working. He left his plugged in all the time and he has dropped his numerous times.

I like to think this was discontinued cause battery companies did not like the "threat" it posed, but I can't tell you either way. I see other chargers on Newegg and other places still advertised there and other places, but none with a track record like this one or with alot of feedback from users.

I thought this makes a good source for battery use. Get a good source of alkaline batteries from somewhere like CostCo and use this charger. You're pretty much set for quite a few years if you operate things right. Pretty much the manufacturer of the charger wants the costumer to buy reputable batteries and don't let the batteries get completely drained. Done and done.

So far I have no complains with this charger. Anyone else use this method? Got a charger you like?
Originally Posted by User1
I think this charger is far from a scam! It's advertised for charging alkaline batteries and that's what I experience it doing, where's the scam? Sure it could probably do a better job of charging the battery but this has been discontinued now for quite some time. I'm sure if they still were having this in the market, they would have "improved" it.

Regarding intelligences, there is some kind of intelligences working here cause it doesn't like cheap no name batteries or batteries completely dead. I have yet to try charging dead alkaline battery, so no help verifying this. I do see that if I charged a battery, take it off, let it sit for awhile, then try to charge it again, it will go through the charging cycle. I don't get a battery that's somehow been charged double or something like that. I get a battery that acts like it's just the same as the other batteries. It just went through the cycle with nothing happening to it.

I used to buy rechargeable batteries but from my experience, this route with the alkalines has been alot more economical and amount of energy available has been more than what I would have with rechargeable.
The OP is confused. The charger linked to in the OP is not for Alkaline batteries it is for Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), which are designed to be recharged. Similar chargers are readily available.

Here is the 'title' for the OP's linked charger; "
[h=1]Rosewill RGD-CT505 Battery Charger for AAA/AA Ni-MH Batteries(battery not included)[/h]