Old 09-03-13, 02:20 PM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
fitness stuff...iduno about that, when I was a newb, I bought a new roadie in 05' w/o knowing squat other then what size I should fit on. Then less than an hr later joined group a work friend on a roadie ride and also first day with clip less..... 56 miles n 1900ft of climbing one my FIRST DAY. I was starving after that day, had a clipless tip over where my chain ring dug into my leg and got 3stitches to stop the bleeding. The next weekend I did a 60 some mile ride w/ my leg bandaged up. Figured if I can do that the 1st day, why not ride 60 mile every weekend? Right? I was 248lbs when I bought that bike. Fitness? Genetics? Will power? You might surprise yourself w/ the outcome if you only try.
I have a pretty good capacity for increasing fitness as long as I get even close to some time in the activity. I usually worry too much about being able to do "something" then have no problem doing it.

Actually one of the gauges I use to determine my fitness is not actually doing the activity but how well I recover from it. If it takes me days to recover I wasn't in the proper shape to do it in the first place. Still happy I did it but I would have extended myself to do so. Right now I can recover from 40 milers no problem though my rump isn't there yet.