Old 09-05-13, 09:05 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by PhotoJoe
I just quoted this for you to look back on in a year. My money is that your "one hour" turns into much more. It's addicting and you'll love the results you see! Nice job!
Ha, I definitely love it. I was looking for an exercise that was enjoyable and not a chore to do. Over the years I've done various things and they lasted a week or two before something came up to skip for a day, then 2 days, then wow, haven't done any exercising for 2 months now. I do love riding and like I've said, just riding every evening for 12 miles for an hour of exercise, but my wife had a rare entire weekend off along with me having off for Labor Day, I rode 16 miles on Saturday which I was disappointed when the trail ended at a gate with no trespass signs at mile 8 because I wanted to go further. Monday I rode 25 miles. Not ready for that yet because at mile 22 I was exhausted, but I definitely enjoyed it. Also, I was up, out on the bike trail, rode 25 miles for 2 hours and 3 minutes, and was back at home before any of the female folk in the family was even out of bed, LOL.

A coworker is heavily into cycling. He's doing the Pittsburgh to DC route sometime this month. I don't think I'll ever be into that, but eventually want to ride the 34 miles from Emlenton, PA to Franklin, PA and back with him. Maybe sometime next year.