Old 09-06-13, 01:55 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
haha I feel kind of weird riding with an empty trailer, though I know people will likely give me a wider berth because they think there's a kid in there, which is kinda nice.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make something work. Normally I drive into work T/Th and then bike home. I could bike in T/Th, take kid in trailer, leave trailer at school, wife picks up kid in car, then I swing by T/Th evening to get trailer. However that would make my T/Th days extremely long. Also I would have to *GASP* haul a trailer with my road bike! I tried commuting on my roadified MTB once, and it was pretty much crappy, so I'm not doing that.

Other option is to use MTB to haul kid to school, then go back home and leave bike and trailer, and drive to work with road bike, then bike home.

Either way would have me getting to work pretty late in the morning, and I usually like to get to work early on T/Th so I can leave earlier to bike home. Plus there's the issue of how sweaty I would get taking my kid to school and then riding back home again, then jumping in the car to drive to work. If I biked to work from the school, there's the shower at work.

I dunno, not too sure about it yet.