View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 08:33 AM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
The Mountain Burns :(

Saw it coming back from my ride yesterday (went west, due to 100+ temps), was hoping it was not Diablo. When I first saw where it was, it looked to be on the north end of the backside of North Peak. The smoke plume got scary big later in the afternoon, and that's when I realized this was not good. This morning, the smoke looks to be coming from south of Diablo's summit! Very sad, hopefully it can be put out without too much damage. I don't see anything yet about road closures yet, but I'm sure it will be coming.

If anyone has news/info/videos/photos of the fire and wants to share it, please post links in here. I saw some decent helicopter footage yesterday on some website, but I'm curious to see what's already burned and where it's headed. Also, any news of road closures and the like, post that as well. This has been a terrible year for fire in California...