Old 09-09-13, 10:50 AM
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
I think in truth most guys can't get beyond their conceptual misconceptions of what they need to do to excel at the cat three level to do it. It's really quite possible on very few hours. In fact, you're probably better off. The limiter for most folks is not doing the right kind of training, and the right kind of rest, not volume.

Primarily the reason is it isn't fun. It hurts a lot, and takes a lot of focus. Those fun piddling around BS rides tend to go away also.
Agreed. Like the great Bodybuilder Ronnie Coleman said:
"Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights."
Much can be said for guys who race.
I get asked all the time in the gym about my transformation from last October to now, answer is always the same - I bust my ass, I train like an animal, I eat like a beast and I rest. My work ethic is like no other. I get up at 3:45 am to make sure it gets done and it sucks. A guy came up to me the other day and asked me (in front of my wife and another friend) how big I was and what I looked like under my hoodie. We all burst out laughing, my friend looked and asked him why he has to make everyone uncomfortable with his questions. My wife looked at him, smiled, and said he is a beast AND completely clean, he just does everything the right way and makes the sacrifices to be like that.
As garbear said there is a more effective way, it just isn't any fun...