Old 09-09-13, 11:28 AM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Made a final decision. There be a new bike at home.

Well I finally made a decision regarding the replacement for those Adventure bikes I bought a couple of months ago. I went to a great store here in Tempe AZ called Portapedal Bike ( potapedalbike.com ). They deal strictly with fold up bikes. Its run by wonderful people. After looking at a number of models from Tern and Dahon I made a decision to go with a Brompton. Unfortunately I had to go into debt to get it, but both my wife and I fell in love with the bike. I know its waaay beyond what I planned to spend, but the quality etc., is absolutely awesome. The whole concept of the bike suited our needs to a tee. It folds so neatly and compact that you can put it practically anywhere. We spoke to a number of people who were at the store who are Brommie owners. One couple mentioned that they travel around the world a lot (must be nice) and are able to put their bikes in the overhead compartments on the plane. That really impressed me. They started a website called bromptonmafia.com . Lots of pictures to browse.

I know that I am going to have this bike for many, many years and I feel it will perform well with, hopefully, no, or at least, few problems down the road. My wife and I are going to save up for a second one, but in the mean time, I will ride my mountain bike when we are able to ride together and my wife can ride the Brommie. Here are some pics I took this morning. I'm a bit frustrated because since I picked up the bike it has done nothing but rain. This is the first time I recall getting ticked off because of the rain here because when it does rain on the occasion we sort of rejoice. People out east or perhaps up north must think we are wacko here due to our getting excited over rain , but I'm not smiling now. I'm dying to get out on the bike -- errrrrr

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
Wayne

Last edited by Still Pedaling; 09-09-13 at 11:33 AM.