Old 09-09-13, 03:32 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No problem with discussing at the detail mentioned here as long as it does not disagree with what was put in police and insurance reports. Where we get in trouble and what prompted the warning on another forum in this site was analysis and blame pointing that was not already part of the public record. That could be hazardous to a person's financial and emotional health.

One point, just an opinion, like most everything on this web site, is calling an 18-19 year old a "kid". Today, except for some specific exclusions, an 18 year old is an adult. The person is an adult with the same rights and responsibilities as any of us elders, unless we have entered into a guardianship relationship, of course. In which case the 18 y/o has more responsibility. My experience is that it is very important to remember the relationship is between two adults with opposing legal position.

The advise to get a medical exam yourself is good. It might be very helpful for a variety of reasons. I also almost demand the other person get a prompt medical exam. In several cases I am personally familiar with the medical exam saved the day when further injuries were claimed. In any case it may be months before all the physical consequences of this incident are known. Insurance companies can be picky and claims complicated. Don't want there to be any question what the timing and cause of the injuries were.

Wish you well in your healing. Hurting, to say the least, is no fun!

Last edited by ModeratedUser150120149; 09-09-13 at 03:38 PM.