Old 09-09-13, 05:12 PM
rasmith3530

Bikes: Schwinn, Specialized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Hybrid Collection

I've caught the hybrid "bug" lately. I now have about half a dozen hybrid bikes. I started with a Schwinn Crisscross. This bike led me to my first Crosscut. While scouring Craigslist one day, I found an ad for a Marin Kentfield FS that was a special edition produced for Ing Direct. It has such a gorgeous orange fade paint job that I could not resist. Another Crosscut came next. A note on a bulletin board at the college I attend offered a fantastic deal on a late model Trek 7300. I took a breather for a month at this point. The next hybrid was a curious bike. It's a Performance X103, interesting because it was built and marketed as a hybrid but has 26" wheels (with 26 x 1.50 tires). It also has an unusual rear "suspension." This particular bike also came with a Girvin Flexstem that is in mint condition. My latest purchase, last week, was a 2010 Cannondale Quick 4. It is probably the lightest bike I own. I seem to be attracted to the unusual. Does anyone know of any hybrid produced with the Suntour licensed can braking system?