View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 05:39 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Unless your LBS has an exceptional return policy on bikes a couple of months old, I would keep it for at least another 6 months, or longer. You barely got to know your first bike. It took me years to figure out what I liked and disliked about my first hybrid. Then after 10 years in 2007, I bought a vintage road bike, and it took me a few years to figure out exactly what I liked and disliked about that bike. I bought my current bike last summer and I feel like I am still getting to know her.

Winter is coming. How about just ride it through the fall and if you are lucky, early winter, and revisit the issue in the spring. You may think you know a lot about bikes, but unless you take your time, you could find yourself feeling the same about whatever you replace your DS with in by next spring. You seem locked into hybrids, but I would urge you to take the next 6 months, research and test ride some other bikes that are better suited to riding on the road, like road bikes. I am presuming you are thinking about an FX 7.2 or 7.3, etc. They are basically the same bike as the DS but with a rigid fork.

Last edited by MRT2; 09-09-13 at 05:43 PM.