Old 09-11-13, 03:08 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old Folk Question - is it just me? Sortof sensitive question...

I am 62... over the last 6 years , I have become very sensitive to many food items. In 2007 I had colon surgery and had a length of tubing removed so I know that is part of my problem but I can't really eat any food with added salt anymore. In fact I have problems with foods that contain natural salt like celery. It makes my tongue burn and is just nasty to me. I struggle being low sodium all the time. Can't handle spices either. Could never eat garlic or onions but now just smelling them make me ill. It's like everything I eat causes an upset stomach (lots of problems there)... its almost like I can only eat rice, toast, chicken soup and peanut butter without getting ill.

Are any of you also suffering from sensitive stomachs (not heart burn or indigestion but =TMI= bathroom issues). If so is it something that came on with age or what?

Only plus - no more fast food for me... just can't tolerate it any longer. No prepared foods like Lean Cuisine or any frozen food either. Chocolate has always made me sick (lactose intolerant) but I still eat it anyway... may explain everything!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.