View Single Post
Old 09-11-13, 07:54 PM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
...• Does putting aero bars on, specifically for ultra events, require a complete revision of the saddle position, as it does with a TT position?
I don't know about a complete revision. There is definitely some seat adjustment. It depends on how low you have the bars set. You are most likely not in a full aero position so it's not like a TT bike.

...• Is it possible to set up a bike so that it is optimal for both sitting upright and for ultra distances?
Again, it depend on how you have the bars set up. A lot of long distance people put spacers on their aerobars to raise them up. When I sit up for climbing I rest my palms on the pads so they are actually a couple inches above where they would be on the bar tops.

...• For those using aero bars, do you spend most of your time in the aero position, or a mix?
I spend probably 90% of the time I am not climbing in the aerobars or with my forearms on the bar tops in a similar position. Climbing and really fast descents are really the only times I'm not in them.

Last edited by Homeyba; 09-11-13 at 07:58 PM.