View Single Post
Old 09-12-13, 12:56 PM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Wish I could stand. I stand just to coast and give the rear end a rest from the saddle. My bike flexes or something as it's just a cheap POS Walmart bike and the chain starts to jump around getting caught by other rear gears if I put too much torque on the pedals.

I can't even give too much torque sitting down. On my flat bike trail, the last half mile I go as hard as I can, but I have to accelerate it up fairly slowly as the chain will start catching even while sitting down.

That's one of the reasons I don't ride on the road. There isn't a flat road to be found and all hills are either extreme short durations up and down at like 6%+ or the easier hills would go on forever. Roads around me are like an oscilloscope reading, just continuous up and down. I can't pedal on the down as they are too steep and just coasting the bike is too fast, so riding on the road would be just 1 continuous uphill pedal non-stop. I'm not into only pedaling uphill for 10-20 minutes and then coast for 30 seconds downhill continuously.

I'd love to be able to just jump on my bike in the garage and go for a ride...