View Single Post
Old 09-16-13, 12:47 PM
hamster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lesper4
Thanks for the report Hamster. From your strava you had 2 centuries in the last 3 months and a few rides of 60+. Do you think more century rides would prepare you better? Also WMD has like 7,000 ft in the first half? I don't recall if any of your rides where stacked like that? I know you do a done of miles but it is a little different when you are in the saddle all day? From your pictures I cant wait till next year. I should be in even better shape too on a better bike.
More centuries would probably make it more comfortable to stay in the saddle all day. I don't know if they would help with performance. I think I mainly need to work on flatland riding, on aero bars and in pacelines.

I did not do any long rides with lots of climbing recently (the most climbing in one day I had between the ESD and the WMD was ~4600') but I did full Palomar (4300') twice in the last 1.5 months, my cadence there drops into the 70's through the top half, that may have helped. My legs were in better condition than I expected by the end of the White Mountain climb.

I have not heard from dead of winter guys again. Last I heard, I was on the wait list but they said chances were good that I'd get in.