View Single Post
Old 09-17-13, 09:49 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked 1,967 Times in 562 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
Sounds good. Here is my tribute to you:

OMG ... Long lost brothers?

Originally Posted by h2oxtc

Wheels by h2oxtc, on Flickr

No ride today - was visiting my son in Toronto and saw this window display. More interesting is that its not a bike shop.
That's a great picture! I like the contrast between the circular wheels and the right angles reflected in the window.

Originally Posted by Pamestique
I really love this thread... the diversity of photos is amazing!
+1

Originally Posted by Steve Sawyer
I've thought of doing that myself, as it's only about the same from my house to the office.

The thing that makes me hesitate is that with the extra commuting time, plus the time to shower and change before getting to my desk, then changing out of work clothes into something suitable for riding home after work would add over 3 hours to my day. The upside is that I'd quickly learn to ride in the dark - and the cold!
Instead of showering in the AM, I generally shower at night before bedtime. So no shower when I arrive at work ... I just let myself cool off and dry out. That's pretty much what every other bike commuter in the office does too.

But you are right ... there is a lot of ancillary time ... changing in and out of bike clothes (twice) ... packing and unpacking stuff ... and that does add up. It probably does add three hours to my day altogether.

The way I figure it, the other option is 1-1.5 hours commuting by car plus an hour in the health club everyday. To me, it's worth the extra hour to spend it on my bike. Health clubs are OK, but ...