Old 09-18-13, 08:52 AM
Aqua_Andy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
Diving isn't an actual physically demanding sport where you have the problem of having to wait for people that aren't as powerful and take ages to climb that hill.
I disagree with this statement, I believe it is physically demanding just in a different way. Try dressing in your warmest winter outfit and then sealing yourself in a air tight, water tight suit(essentially a really expensive trash bag) then then attach close to 100 of gear to yourself and climb down a bunch of rocks to get to the water, Now imagine it is 90 degrees out. This is very typical around here as our water usually never warms to above 50 degrees at depth. There are many times when you are helping a new diver and are almost at the point of heat exhaustion before you even get to the water. Another issue we have is a diver that have poor buoyancy control or just poor cardiovascular efficiency and will blow through a tank of air in 30 minutes when you planned for an 80 minute dive. It is all relative jut different issues, but what is the same is the only way to get better is to participate in the activity and become more efficient. I don't mind helping new divers as I know when I was new there was someone putting up with me when I was a noob. I would think any activity that people are passionate about would be the same.