Jaytron
Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter

Bikes: CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
over here I cleaned up in the "B+" category last night on the penultimate night of TNR: I won the scratch, snowball and points races.

10lap scratch: A little short for my liking - but the supapowerful sprinter of our group was absent. It was pretty slow imo, so I wound it up real big from 1.5 laps out and kept a big margin.

10lap snowball: took laps 4 and 10. I tried to shoot for lap 9, but barely missed passing a group of two who had been OTF. I swept up track and around them, dropped to the pole lane and stayed low. I had tons of room.

35 lap points: Took 1st in all sprints in but the last one which I did not contest. I really felt like I was head and shoulders above my competition fitness wise during this race, like last week.

Last week I took first in the 50-lap points with 27points (sprints every 5) and 2nd in the 50-lap scratch to said sprinter who didn't see the front until 300 to go.

I'm reluctant to upgrade to the A's because I know I will never be competitive with the top guys, but that's clearly where I belong. I race 3's on the road with some of the average and low end A's. On the top end (>or= half the field) we have cat1's on the track, ex-olympians, ex-nat champs, ex-6 day racers and current road pros, although the latter (current pros) usually don't go all-out on us amateurs.
Friend of mine is moving up from SD, it sounds super competitive down there.

Do you happen to know what the F200M times were at districts?