Old 09-19-13, 10:11 AM
billh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rideorglide
How tall or short are ya bill.

I've been zigging and zagging between 215 and 195 for the last 6 years, that 195 barrier has been a brute and trying to keep weight off in my busy work season has been frustrating. Even when I got down there in April it was just a struggle to stay there. 199 this a.m. 201.6 the other day, dancing around the Mendoza, or should I say Clydeoza line.
I'm 6 foot even . . . I feel good at this weight . . . since last weekend, which was basically a two day fast, coupled with two high intensity races . . . I've gone well back into the clydesdale zone. it was fun seeing weights below 200 lb for awhile, though, even though dehydration induced . . . made me think it was possible to get back down and stay down there. the thing is I feel pretty good and healthy at this weight, plenty of energy, sleeping well, everything going great. so why put in the effort? the only place I don't feel great is on the race course, when the thin little guys are whizzing past me and I am huffing and puffing up the hills. ! So there is the motivation. Plus seeing pics of me on the bike with a big ol gut. That is no fun. these weight level barriers have to be partly mental. My brain must be panicking when it sees a low number . . . and I must be the adult and calm it down . . . "no, you are not dying, child!" . . . .

update: ack, 200.2 dehydrated . . . just can't seem to break through . . . it has to be a mental barrier.

Last edited by billh; 09-25-13 at 11:40 AM. Reason: update post