View Single Post
Old 09-21-13, 10:46 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
'Loan' is the noun, 'lend' is the verb, 'lent' is the past tense, and 'loaned' is an outlier. Some would frown on it, but it has entered common usage. So at this point, irregardless(!) whether it's wrong or right, we can't stop it now.

I lent my prized Norman Rapide to Photogravity, and he liked it so much he offered me money close to what it was worth, so I let it go.

I lent my track bike to RobE30 and made it clear I was not trying to sell it... I think I'm getting it back next week.

-Holiday 76 lent me his Fuji the Finest and I liked it so much that I bought one of my own (in a slightly smaller size than his).

Photogravity also lent me his Norman Invader frame, which I've built up now... And will ride a bit more before I let him have it back!

So yeah, I think lending bikes is great.

If anyone wants to borrow one of my bikes, feel free to get in touch!