Old 09-21-13, 06:12 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
I don't give a flip about my cholesterol.

Couple years back he said mine was little high and gave me a script for a satin.
Threw the script in the trash and started eating 3 eggs for breakfast.

Went back 3 months later.
He said your cholesterol is going down, keep doing what your a doing. (now I eat 4 eggs)

Never head of anyone dying from high Cholesterol.
Glad you don't give a flip. Others of us, who have a family history of heart disease (which is exacerbated by high LDL)do. My Dad went out due to heart disease, thanks mainly to poor diet and age-related decrease in activity. 5 bypasses, 2 stents, and he lived 11 more years. Statins? Please, that was the 80's.

FYI, eggs have long been misrepresented as a high source of LDL, so your tactic of egg consumption worked because that's the way things really are.

It was already said that falls don't kill, it's the sudden stop at the bottom; it's not the cholesterol itself, it's what the body does to deal with it. If the body doesn't deal well with it, or there is too much for the body to handle, it builds up, and contributes to 'myocardial infarction'

I don't take statins, either; I take a daily dose of "huff and puff with Kona". My numbers are about average. . .for someone 25 years younger than I am.