Old 09-22-13, 06:01 PM
rafiki530

Bikes: Leader 722ts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't know if this helps but when i first learned how to skid, I did it while the bike was moving very slowly/not at all. basically get into the position you would go into if you were skidding then push the bike with your foot while your other leg pushes back against the pedal. If you legs are strong the wheel shouldn't move. Basically get comfortable with this and go faster and faster. It's kinda like if your bike was a skateboard and your pushing it along while your back foot is locked into the pedal.

Practice on smooth pavement, This is very important when you are first learning. Or go practice on grass which is slick and wont hurt as much if you fall, but if you really want to learn skids you need to get used to doing them on pavement.

There are many different kinds of skids, some which don't involve cages, if your learning i really suggest not using the cages as it is easier to escape and ditch your bike if you fall. Once you get comfortable with your skids then go for the cages, it's a little different of a technique, but once you have skidded without cages you will find skidding with cages much, much, much easier and more comfortable.

You can also cab skid, which should be done without cages and allows you to skid or come to a very fast stop without getting out of the saddle. But unless you are really comfortable with your bike and quick with your feet it is not recommended.

Last edited by rafiki530; 09-22-13 at 06:05 PM.