Old 09-24-13, 10:07 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman
3 years ago I was 400+ pounds, not sure exactly how much because I didn't have a scale that read that high and frankly I didn't want to know. Started having health issues big time and decided on weight loss surgery. If I waited for insurance it would be 6 months to a year for surgery so I went self pay. Went on a crash diet was 380 when I went in for surgery a few months later, had the surgery got down to 205 and have since put on 10 pounds of fat or muscle. It appears to be mostly muscle as I am the same size I was at 205 but more defined. So I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pounds.

It saved and changed my life. While weather is good I ride more than 100 miles a week, when it's cold I swim a lot.
Congratulations, Rootman! I think that's amazing.

I have always yo-yoed with my weight. I got up over 320 pounds in 2000 and then had a heart attack. After that, I went down to 180 for a while, but mostly I've fluctuated between 200 and 240. I actually feel best around 225.

My internist and cardiologist are both of the opinion that you can be "fat but fit." They tell me that I can keep my BMI in the "overweight" range, but not "obese". They say to eat the Mediterranean diet and exercise 60 to 90 minutes a day. They test my blood glucose and lipid profile (cholesterol) every 6 months.

Lately my weight has been creeping up to 240. I've been exercising less since I moved closer to work. Also my son and his family moved in with me and my diet changed. So now I'm embarking on a new lifestyle that I hope will get me leaner and healthier.

"Think Outside the Cage"