View Single Post
Old 09-26-13, 11:05 AM
Bostic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ilushka
in general, i'm trying to reach foothill expy., which i can take north to woodside/menlo park area. i usually jump on it somewhere in cupertino, either through residential streets (rainbow-bubb-mcclellan), or stevens creek, or homestead. sometimes, i'll ride through HWY9, then pierce and mt. eden. to cupertino i usually take either campbell-prospect route or campbell-bucknall-cox.
I did this commute for about a year from Campbell to Palo Alto (Page Mill). My starting point was around San Tomas Aquino.
Route 1: Campbell Ave (annoying red light at left turn in front of Target where it meets with Hamilton), Prospect (horribly long light at Lawrence), Stelling, Rainbow, Terrace or Bubb (or climb Regnart to top and back down if I want to beat myself up before work), Hyannisport, Linda Vista, McClellan to Foothill

Route 2: Grimbsy, Baylor, Cox up to Saratoga/Sunnyvale, left on Prospect then same as above.

In the morning I would leave between 6 and 7, never later than 7:15am. Other than red lights, the school parent student drop offs at Hyannisport and McClellan were the bottlenecks.

On the way home it wasn't too bad until after the Chevron station where it becomes Campbell Ave. Eyes have to be everywhere as there are so many more points for cars to turn in and not see you.