Old 09-27-13, 09:48 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
e-wang:

break 1100W for a 5" sprint. This was the goal last year, but may actually be doable
got close; 1075W. Actually quite proud of this
break 600W for 60" (doable). Again a goall from last year, and the signs are there that I was probably capable of this last year, but never tested it. 9w/kg would be swell.
who knows; didn't test
break 390W for 5' (doable). Again, same as last year, though i really didn't focus on it; shows how meaningless this ewang is despite doing well in VO2max intensive races.
done & done; 395W, may have been able to push a bit more
break 325W for FTP (doable); currently at 285W, peaked at 315W (69kg) last year.
not quite there; maybe got to 315W; 315W from 2012, by all indications, was probably a false reading
get to 68kg by end of December, currently at 70.5kg; 66-67kg for peak races in early April
nope; 68.5kg was lowest i got
Build enough anaerobic strength to contest small-group sprints.
perhaps; didn't get in this type of situation
racing:
enter more races. Finally graduating and getting into the real world should make this more realistic
more than previously, but injury meant less racing than i wanted
Get in meaningful breaks and attack shrewdly. Got good at this last year, now i just need to get better at it and make it with the break to the end.
check
Work on my racing poker face.
not quite sure what i meant here
Continue to improve my skills at surfing wheels and cornering amongst skittish riders. Again got pretty good last year, just need to keep on working at it.
check
Win in a few Collegiate B races.
got fired twice
Upgrade to Cat 3; help teammates upgrade to Cat 3.
check on the former; may have contributed to the latter; did get a 2nd place as a cat-3
Most importantly, racing safe
done
work/life related:
Defend my thesis in the Spring and learn to live in the real world . Northern VA, here I come.
hah, this is a good one; still writing and not sure when i'll defend; more like i didn't write much