Old 09-29-13, 11:08 PM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
That's what I thought too, and I have bars with 4" of rise on one of my bikes. 3+" of rise on the main commuter. I sit about as upright as anyone can and my wrists still bother me. This summer I bought a drop-bar road bike because I could. It was a lot of fun. Even though the bars are just a smidge lower than seat height, my wrists did not get sore and my hands did not go numb after 5 miles! Well the rains are here in the Pacific Northwest and I've put the road-racer away, but I've ordered the brake levers and bars I'll need to convert my main commuter to drop bars. Its fine to have druthers, but don't let that completely blind you to possibly a better way of doing something. Not saying my solution is that better way by any means, its just that I've been away for several days and just catching up here. I see where posters trying to be helpful, have been shot down because they weren't offering solutions that supported your planned agenda. We didn't get to be at the top of the food chain by completely ignoring what other cavemen had to say.

H
Yeah, I hear you, I just have little patience for people who exhibit a total lack of reading comprehension. I was particularly rude to Fietsbob, because I am tired of him chiming in on virtually every thread and rarely offering anything useful, if one can even manage to parse his dialect and syntax that is.